Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sick Baby :(

We had our first sick baby experience :(  Taylor woke up on Sunday morning with a super stuffy nose, watery eyes and a hacking, old man, smokers cough.  Her cough sounded awful!  She was perfectly fine when we put her to bed on Saturday night, so we were pretty surprised when she woke up sick.

We had my Dad's birthday BBQ that afternoon and she was acting OK.  Eating fine, drinking fine, and pretty much her normal self.  She went to bed OK that night but then woke up around 11:30 screaming her pretty little head off :(  It took us 45 minutes of tears and crying to get her calmed down and back to bed (and a little Tylenol!).  We thought it was maybe another tooth coming in.  Whatever it was, we knew it hurt because she normally is not like that.

Monday morning came and I had to go to Chicago for work.  So, Daddy to the rescue!  We decided to call the doctor just to have her cough checked out.  I know, over reacting!  BUT - good thing Zack took her in because she ended up having a double ear infection!!!  She didn't seem to be pulling on her ears any more than normal, but poor little thing had it in both ears.  She is on amoxicillin twice a day, her humidifier is running at night and we put down one end of her mattress to keep her tipped forward a little bit.  Hopefully she'll be back on her feet soon!

It was one of the hardest things I've had to go through so far as a parent.  Not only did I wish I could take her pain away, but I had to be out of town for work while she was going through it.  It is definitely a horrible feeling to be so helpless when your child is in discomfort.  I hope we don't have to do that again for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment