Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

No power :(

Well, we had our first experience with losing power out here in the country.  Last Friday night, 6/18, a huge storm came rolling through.  We lost power around 9:30 pm.  And when  you're on a well, no power =  no water.  I guess I learned my lesson about the water!  I had just loaded the dishwasher with all of Taylor's bottles and it was about 15 minutes into the cycle when the power went out.  And then, with no water, I couldn't wash them in the sink.  Saturday morning came around and still no power.  The next-door neighbors had a huge tree come down and almost land on their house.  There were tons of down trees all over the place.  Since we had a ton to do that day (including Owen's 1st bday party) we had to take some showers somewhere!  So, we invaded Zack's parents house for showers and a bottle washing session.  We rushed around and were back in time to leave for Owen's party.  After the party, I went to Meijers to get some gallon jugs of water and when I got home around 5:30 - POWER!  Woo-hoo!  Just in time as my mom was coming over to watch Taylor while Zack and I partook in Kevin's Bachelor / Meghan's Bachelorette parties :)

Lessons I learned:
1) If there is a storm coming, fill the bath tub with water to flush toilets.
2) Keep jugs of water on hand
3) Buy a generator :)

No comments:

Post a Comment