Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Boyne City - July 2011

We headed up north for the 4th of July this year.  It was a very hot weekend, even for up there!  We spent lots of time hanging out at the beach and taking trips into Boyne City.  They had a few art fairs/farmer's markets that we walked around at.  Taylor got to enjoy her very first boat ride and loved it!  She was dancing to the music, in her little life jacket.  So cute!!  We also learned that she likes to play with rocks, but does NOT like it if dirt or sand goes in her shoes.  The lake water was freezing - but she still managed to go most of the way in - in her clothes.  We started out just dipping her feet in but didn't think she would tolerate it at all.  She ended up doing OK so Zack got in there with her :) 


She did scare me to death on our last night.  I was getting her in her PJ's on the bed (they are VERY high at the cottage).  I turned to grab a diaper off the dresser and turned back just in time to see her falling off the other edge of the bed, head first :(  She cried and cried, but just had a little bump on her head.  Enough to scare me to death!!!!

That night she woke up in the middle of the night and wouldn't go back down.  We didn't want her to wake the whole house up, so I put her in bed with us.  Imagine this - full size bed, Zack, me and baby.  It was not pleasant!  I barely slept because I was worried about smushing her! 


No comments:

Post a Comment