Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

We have been having a wonderful holiday weekend so far.  I can't believe that Thanksgiving has already come and gone.  This past year is flying by!

Zack and I decided to start doing every other year for family Thanksgiving celebrations.  It stinks to miss out seeing one side of the family, but we were hoping to make things less crazy in the process!  Now, if only we could do that for Christmas....

This year we started with the Stephens.  Their celebration started at 4 pm, so we had all morning to hang out around the house and relax!  I was super excited for the newspaper to arrive so I could look at all the Black Friday ads!  We didn't really do much in the morning/afternoon and that was awesome :)  The whole Stephens' gang, Aunt Lori, Uncle Dane & Sandy were all there to celebrate.  We had a delicious spread with all the traditional fixings.  I made and brought my famous cheesy potatoes - yummo!  Taylor enjoyed her 1st Thanksgiving meal!  It is hard to believe that last T'giving, she was a 4 week old little peanut!!  She ate turkey, potatoes, green beans, roll and pumpkin pie :)  After dinner and dessert, we played Michigan Rummy with nickels.  I think we came out a little ahead - but I didn't count!  Taylor started getting a little bit of a runny nose while we were there :(

After dinner we came home and went through the ads again, debating whether or not one of us should get up early and go shopping.  We decided NOT to go and instead, bought our big purchases online that night!  Gotta love technology!

Friday morning we had a brunch at the Ford's with the Walkers, Doug and Nana and Grandpa.  We had omelettes, bacon, biscuits, sausage gravy and potatoes.  Yumm!  I didn't eat again until dinner I was so full!  Taylor had woken up with a stuffy nose and was not feeling very well.  We had brunch at 11, which was right around nap time.  We thought she would go down while we were there, but there was too much excitement for sleeping.  So when she fell asleep on the way home and we put her right up to bed, we thought she would be down for the count.  Nope!  She was wide awake!  No nap for her until 4:30!!  Crazy baby!  When she woke up at 6 and had dinner, she seemed OK, but then turned into crank monster.  Poor baby was not feeling well :(  She slept fine last night and woke up looking/feeling better!  Yay!

Today, Taylor and I are going to decorate the house for Christmas and get ready to do the Christmas tree with Daddy tomorrow!  We might do a little shopping this afternoon too :)  Woo-hoo!  Zack and I just adopted 2 Angels through Salvation Army / JCPenney this morning so we have that to shop for.  Makes your heart feel full!

No comments:

Post a Comment