Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Opening Day!


Opening Day 2010 was a success!  It was Friday, 4/9, and of course - we went!  We dropped Taylor off at Grandma & Grandpa Ford's (G'ma was on spring break) to hang out for the day with Owen.  Of course she was sporting her Tigers gear - a Tigers onesie, jeans and her pink Tigers hoodie.  She looked adorable!




We met up with Kevin & Meghan around 9:30, stopped for some breakfast at Dmitri's, and finally made our way downtown around 10:30.  We tailgated, had a few brews, and enjoyed the atmosphere.  I feel like I'm missing something.....oh yeah, it was 35 stinkin' degrees!  In April!  We were bundled up and still freezing.  I even took a blanket into the game, which I never do.  I can usually tough it out - not that day! 

The stadium was packed - 45,000+ people - the largest Opening Day crowd ever and the 2nd largest crowd in Comerica Park history.  The game was great!  We won 5 - 2 against the Cleveland Indians and Rick Porcello pitched.  Kevin & Meghan had tickets in row 2 in right field, so we even made our way down there towards the end of the game.  It was like we were sitting on the field.

After making our way through the downtown traffic, we stopped at Buddy's Pizza in Dearborn on the way home.  It was delicious as usual.  We finally made our way back to Ypsi - then to Brighton to get Taylor - then finally home around 7:00 pm.  It was a seriously long day, but lots of fun.  Hopefully, Opening Day will prove to be a good omen for the 2010 season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment